Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Vett 2 years and have not gotton a moving violation YET. My speeding consists of getting on to the turnpike balls out and quite a few red light hole shots. I cant resist when there is a hot car next to me. I usually back off after the first 100 feet, just enough to prove my point and constantly looking for the police headlights behind me. What about you???

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have had my Vett 2 years and have not gotton a moving violation YET. My speeding consists of getting on to the turnpike balls out and quite a few red light hole shots. I cant resist when there is a hot car next to me. I usually back off after the first 100 feet, just enough to prove my point and constantly looking for the police headlights behind me. What about you???
I've been lucky so far. There have been a few times I would of gone straight to jail.. and that's no good but damn fun!

·
Registered
346 Posts
None yet....

This is my 4th 'Vette, been pulled over a few times over the years, but have always gotten away with some friendly chat with the L.E.O. about cars and sent on my way with a "be careful out there" warning.

But I came real close a couple weekends ago driving on the turnpike. Beautiful day, light traffic and these 3 ricers start screwing with me. They pass me, I pass them, they do it again a couple more times and sort of surround me... all at reasonably just above legal speeds. I get fed up with this BS and decide I'm outta here. Drop the hammer uphill and make it into the near middle triple digits and... fly right past a trooper on the median pointing the opposite direction. He goes mobile, but doesn't light up and I get real legal for like the next half hour. He never came around, so I used 1 of my 9 lives.

Gotta get a Valentine 1.

·
Registered
172 Posts
None todate and I would love to say it is because of my skill at spotting cops but the real answer is just plain lucky.
Mike

·
Registered
476 Posts
1x, detective tailgated me and i punched it, then got pulled over by another cop and he pulled up behind. Went to court and ended up acquitted. Had to pay attorney.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Been pulled over many, many times, but only got two tickets in the Corvette, and one of them I got dropped by fighting it in court.
Back when I drove a Subaru STI in college though it was a completely different story... I got tickets like candy and ended up losing my license three times over :doh:
Cops definitely ticket some cars more than others!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I think you just jinxed yourself

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
I haven t had any in many years, but in my early days, back in the 70 s ...I got 3 in one day! and a bunch of others,including for R/O by Drag Racing...the worst I ever got was in 1981, I was sited{ arrested}in my 79, for going 95 mph in a 35 mph zone!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Never have had any,maybe 20 years in Law Enforcement had something to do with that. LOL I do know that Black C-5's and 6's are harder to pick up on stationary Lidar Then normal size vehicles.

·
Smokin Vendor
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never have had any,maybe 20 years in Law Enforcement had something to do with that. LOL I do know that Black C-5's and 6's are harder to pick up on stationary Lidar Then normal size vehicles.
Hey Bucwheat, what did you mean about black vetts on Lidare. please explain/

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Black vettes took longer to show up on Lidar than any other color,vettes are lower to the ground and have little or no place for radar to bounce back from. They had to be closer for a good reading.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not one yet.....

Birmingham tends to be lenient on Vettes since most of the people driving them tend to be a little older and don't tend to speed too often. They like to get BMW's and Mercedes though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts