Chevy Corvette Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I fear no mods being the considerate silver-tongued forum member I am. What I am really starting to realize, though, is that I owe it to myself to make the changes I want on my car and to Hell with anyone else's opinion. I will die before resale becomes an issue, too. Meanwhile, thnx to the forums and their members, I am getting a much better idea of what my options truly are. That other forum had a sound clip of a guy that totally removed his mufflers and went to just pipe, as I have done on a couple vehicles. It also led me to believe that as I get my car up, a bit, I may also be able to not only go to just pipe, but do it straight and not up and over the axle. That is how I had my 1966 427/425 and I love the look of just two pipes coming straight back and hanging low. It may have to wait until spring, but I am getting excited anticipating the departure of the four coffee cans and being excited about my car is something this old fart deserves. Removing the coffee cans is an obvious signal that no kid owns my car and no one suffering from today's "exhaust tip itis" is driving it. Thnx all for your info!!!!! Now, it would be nice for someone to tell me remving my npp and mufflers will not affect my warranty.
My local service manager said that it would not void the warranty if you changed the exhaust, his opinion was that it would be after the engine, but, I do not have that in writing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
With the exceptions of headers most dealerships are at least smart enough to understand that an exhaust system (catback) has little to no effect on the operation of the engine and will not void your warranty. GM even offers an aftermarket exhaust system for the C6.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
My local service manager said that it would not void the warranty if you changed the exhaust, his opinion was that it would be after the engine, but, I do not have that in writing!
cat back it will not matter, except for your muffler warranty. ;)

Danko said:
I fear no mods being the considerate silver-tongued forum member I am.
:rofl:
What I am really starting to realize, though, is that I owe it to myself to make the changes I want on my car and to Hell with anyone else's opinion.
:iagree:Good for you to finally decide that. It's just a car, probably a toy, and certainly not an investment.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Yup...

.....surprised I got the comments about "changing" my exhaust system. I am not changing it, as I see it. I am REMOVING IT!!! This might all wait until spring, now, and predictably, I am getting no decent offers on my roof, wheels with tires or my NPP system with mufflers. We are moving next year and it looks like I will be lugging along C6 parts. Ragtop's last line says it WELL !!!!! thnx!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Npp

Hi guys, I'm interested in buying Danko's NPP system, but I'm no expert in the subject and need to know how does the swap work. It is a straight seal or do I need to get an adapter or connect anything to the engine?

Thank you
:abduct:
The only issue I have heard with the Z06 NPPs is the difference in diameter of the pipes between base and Z cars. So if you were to use a Z06 size X-pipe the Z06 NPPs should bolt right up. Also, I believe in '09 the over axle pipes were routed slightly different than '05-'08 so there might be some work that needs to be done there. If you can get an '09 NPP system it should bolt right up though. As for auto vs manual, I don't believe there is a different configuration between the pipe layouts.

I can't be certain on all of the above info so please doublt check.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
no Z issue here.

This is not about finding problems that do not exist. No one mentioned Zs and the trans does not matter as far as the NPP system goes. If Brasil wants my system, there is the vacuum line and fuse as potential issues to make my system work on his car????

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The best solution would be to get an NPP controller sold by a couple forum sponsors.
http://www.nakidparts.com/id25.html

Better than factory as it gives you more control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HELL yes! WHAT fuse?

HELL! That sounds like something to do whether I remove this crap or not. Who knows what fuse and where to do this, please? THNX!!!!!
C7 2019 G/S --- WHERE IS THE FUSE & HOW MANY & WHAT # FUSES ??? UNDER HOOD OR REAR ??

21 - 29 of 29 Posts