Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Pulled the seats/carpet out of my 70 big block. Going to spray interior with lizard skin to see if it helps with the heat problems. Once I got under the dash I realized that it's been monkeyed with in the past, (no kidding it really does look like it was attacked by monkeys). Anyone know of a good shop that can fix & clean up the wiring? I don't want to rewire the entire car $$$, just get it cleaned up so that stuff works. Thanks.:troll:

·
Registered
523 Posts
A shop to do that will cost you way more than a new harness. Most shops want to in-n-out stuff they can make money on.

Wiring is not that tough. You need a good wiring diagram, patience, a good set of strippers and crimpers, and a 12v testlight.

Print out your wiring diagram as big as you can, look at the colors and then use colored pencils or highlighters to make them that color. If the diagram is on more than one page, find out where each wire crosses to the next, line them up and tape the pages together. Doc Rebuild has a good color diagram with pictures of all the connectors, or you can get one free from:
http://www.nrjvette.com/johdotukset/?c=d;o=d

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks; right now it looks ike a birds nest underneath the dash. It appear like someone tried to instal an alarm system in it. I'll think about the do it yourself option but bending this old body undernarth the dash is a real pain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have any luck on your wiring yet ?
You might think about a new dash harness, and pull both of the lower dashes to make it easier to work on.
What part of Houston do you live in.
Does the car run ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts