Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 Torch Red C5 Roadster.

I have 2 problems:

1) My horn doesn't sound when I push the in on the steering wheel but does when I set the alarm, reset my fob or hit the panic button on the fob just not when I need it on the steering wheel.

2) The bulb that illuminates the Automatic Electronic Dual Climate Control System is very dim and I want to change it but I'm not sure how to get to it. I can see it faintly at night but not in the day.

Any help would be appreciated

Stinngray98

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hvac

There are some threads her on how to get the unit out and how to fix the dimness. Mine had the same problem and I fixed it in about an hour. There are sme poorly solded resistor flat packs that require reheat/solder. If you can do basic soldering you can do it your self, other wise you can mail it to some people here on the web to do it for you, prices I have seen range from 75 to 150 to fix. Basic removel requires the center storage piece removed and the the entire housing the goes around the HVAC/Stereo unit (threads are also posted here with great pics on how to remove) the unit unbolts and unplugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts