Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I brought my first Vette last June, and I need your help chartering a path for me. I have a date to kick my buddy’s ***. See he has a Chrysler 300 srt8 and he has the following mods (that I know of) cold air intake, under drive pulleys, cat bac exhaust , 90mm throttle body ,drag radials, torque converter (from srt8 Cherokee) and a tune. I don’t know what his horsepower was increased to, but I AM NOT SCARED!!! And since he got a good head start on me, he says he will have pittie on me and give me a few months to get my car together. That’s where you guys come in. see my car is a 06 base model auto trans,has a corsa cat back (sport), K&N cold air intake and I have not installed the Diablo tune because I knew I was going to add parts. For right now I wanna stay with bolt on parts I got a budget of 1200.00 a month and 3 months to kick his butt what do you think should be brought next? And if you can please add what you think the gains will be. I also don’t want to compromise my daily drivability…
thanks

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
A torque converter and drag radials are what make an A6 quick. He's got them and should allow him to get off the line well. They are the mods I'd suggest. No other mods in your price range come close, except for nitrous.

I'd put a good set of tires on and run him stock. See what happens.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
When it comes right down to it, regardless of the mods, his SRT8 weighs about 1000 pounds more than your Corvette; about 1/3 heavier. The SRT8 is rated at 425 HP/420ft# torque and would need about 100 more HP and 100 more ft# of torque to just get about even with what you have stock.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome......
He should be in your rear view mirror by the time you hit 3th gear.

But seriously, if you want to settle it, take it to a track and race.
These cars can get away from you if your not careful. :kngt:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I say just race him and see what happens.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
take it to the track

·
Registered
286 Posts
Why wait - smoke him now! Although pretty quick for a weighted tank it will not beat you.
Yup, why wait, you'll beat him as is. Besides, adding a few bolt ons wont really make a big difference. Get some drag radials and a TQ converter as already stated earlier. Or you can throw a Cam in if you really want to make a change and add some power with that small of a budget for mods.

·
Smokin Tuner
121 Posts
+1.

I'm a big HEMI fan, but your bone stock C6 will wipe the street with that SRT8 with a little practice driving. Throw the tune in it, and spend some time launching the car, give it 3 weeks rather than 3 months and show him your taillights ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
first i wanna thank all u guys for your input, i did race him a few times and we could not tell who won, it was that close!! i could not believe that shyt especialy if youall said i should spank him so i asked to drive his car. and notices a freakin lope in the motor, after pressing him he finally came clean and said he had a cam installed. bastard!!! so now im removing the reserve, the budget is out the window. i got a guy that says that a cam, headers, custom tune, and a tire for 4k parts and labor. do youall think that is a good price? and do any one have a set up in mind (specs.) on a cam and headers?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Ha! He tried to sneak a cam in and you guys ran neck in neck. Thats awesome!

The lesson in his case should be that you can't polish a turd. (sorry, I'm not a mopar fan)

Longtubes, heads, cam and a tune will be a major game changer. The goal is to match everything up. A vendor can help with this.

Good luck!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Super charge that puppy- that's what they make credit cards for! :rockon6rk:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Super charge that puppy- that's what they make credit cards for! :rockon6rk:
Thats what I keep telling my wife but she isnt quite agreeing with me on this one lol :doh:

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
First off,take him at the track,those SRT8's are pretty quick and I have never had a problem with them,my vette only has a CAI,chip and Borlas and I have no problem.They are way to heavy.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
first i wanna thank all u guys for your input, i did race him a few times and we could not tell who won, it was that close!!
You're still missing the point. Drag racing is about the launch. A 3200 stall torque converter and drag radials will put your car out in front from the moment you go and he'll watch your tail lights the rest of the way. That's all you need to beat him and most other cars too.

An A6 with a converter, drag radials, headers, CAI, ported intake and tune will run in the mid to high 11s. That car will also take a vette with heads/cam/stock converter/stock tire in a drag race. If you want to spend big money on heads & cam, that's cool and it will definitely show up in roll racing.

·
Registered
908 Posts
You're still missing the point. Drag racing is about the launch. A 3200 stall torque converter and drag radials will put your car out in front from the moment you go and he'll watch your tail lights the rest of the way. That's all you need to beat him and most other cars too.

An A6 with a converter, drag radials, headers, CAI, ported intake and tune will run in the mid to high 11s. That car will also take a vette with heads/cam/stock converter/stock tire in a drag race. If you want to spend big money on heads & cam, that's cool and it will definitely show up in roll racing.
It won't take all of that to beat it... I beat them all the time but then again I know how to drive.

The head and cam package is good for someone that doesn't have a vagina.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Buy a NOS kit with a 75 shot. Thats all you need. When its time to sell the car, take it off and nobody will ever know. :duel:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts