Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Car mavens, exhaust your many resources.

Can anyone tell me why the leather seats in my 2009 Corvette and 2012 BMW are turning yellow (on the driver seat back by the left shoulder blade)???

BMW and Chevrolet have never seen this. It is from when I drive as I only drive the Corvette.

The leather in the Corvette is Tan and in the BMW gray, yellow in the same area.

Can't be sunblock as I do not put on my back plus I wear a shirt. If it were sweat or brand of soap why not on the right side also?

Thanks, have no idea what it is.

Attachments

· Super Moderator
5,586 Posts
I know lighter color leather needs alot more maintenance then black. It needs to be cleaned more often and treated with leather conditioner. I used maguires leather cleaner and conditioner on my black leather seats. I know all white leathers will eventually yellow, but I didn't know gray would.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
I'm guessing sweat......

· Registered
1,566 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,586 Posts
OK If it is sweat then how come just from the left shoulder? Why not from both so the yellow stain would be even across the back of the seat. My shirts seem to be dry in that area.

Don't know if sweat is causing it but based on the location I was thinking it was getting the most sunlight.

· Registered
5,591 Posts
OK If it is sweat then how come just from the left shoulder? Why not from both so the yellow stain would be even across the back of the seat. My shirts seem to be dry in that area.
Don't know if sweat is causing it but based on the location I was thinking it was getting the most sunlight.
sunlight reacting with the sweat ?

· Registered
1,566 Posts
It's happening on 2 different cars in the same location, so it can't be the seats. Do you sit straight? Could it be that you lean slightly left in the seat? This could explain why the right side bolster is fine.

I'd place a white cotton cloth over the area. After several trips examine the cloth for any dirt, residue, or smell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.