Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im just bought my first vette,always said id get one befor i was 40,i did.lol so i was wondering where was a good,afforderable trust worthy online parts provider? i have rebuilt a couple old school mustangs,used cjponyparts.com was hoping there was a company like that for vettes. my car is stock,only 78k.very nice,im going to paint it and redo the interior,stuff like that. thanks for ur imput

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have redone my 1980 and used everyone from Corvette companies to Ebay (both company & people).
Sometimes you can find the suppiers of Corvette Companies and save big time, you know buy direct.
Good luck and compare prices as there are a lot of deals and rip offs out there.
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
for body, interior, trim, etc., you can go to Ecklers.com, or Corvette Central....suspension, driveline and brakes, Duntov Motors....Engine parts, some are available at your local parts store , Summit Racing, Jegs..Welcome to C3

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome to SV, I can vouch for ecklers.com - corvettecentral.com - corvetteamerica.com - vbandp.com (brake and suspension) and don't forget the main forum page along the left side is all of the site sponsored vendors which is a good source.

Enjoy your new ride. What year did you buy?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have been pretty satisfied with most that I have tried and highly recommend Keen Parts because of their personal service and knowledge. They really seem to care and the shipping rates are good too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to SV, I can vouch for ecklers.com - corvettecentral.com - corvetteamerica.com - vbandp.com (brake and suspension) and don't forget the main forum page along the left side is all of the site sponsored vendors which is a good source.

Enjoy your new ride. What year did you buy?
I bought a 79,but let me ask u this,how taboo is it if I swap an 80 style rear fender for the spoiler?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought a 79,but let me ask u this,how taboo is it if I swap an 80 style rear fender for the spoiler?
You need to decide if you want a Driver or collector car, if it is a driver do what you want with it, if it is a collector you need to only use correct parts for that year and model when restoring it.

On my 1976 I replaced both the front and rear bumpers for the 1980 style, I say forget what others think it is your ride.
Mike

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:thumbsup3: As far as vendors go, have you tried looking around your local area for Vette shops? I have a couple shops around by me and one of them is pretty good. You get to see the quality of what your buying as well as a bunch of advice. I've also used Ecklers, Dr. Rebuild, Wilcox and a few others.

·
Registered
462 Posts
What 1969RAY said :thumbsup3:

Mine is titled as a 76 but trust me I have parts from many other years on it to make it custom and my own. I took off the ugly badging from the 76 front bumper and gas door and went with the 70 cross flags, changed the steering wheel, replaced the rear bumper lettering with the 1970 individual letters and I'm going with the C5 stainless letters next, just little stuff so do what you want, make it your own. I also like the 80 style bumpers and gave serious thought to replaceing them on mine but since my bumpers were already molded to the body I left them alone since unbonding them would be a nightmare.

My thoughts are and no offense to anyone but there is nothing creative or unique about driving a bone stock car that was someone else's idea or vision but to take stock and modify it to reflect your vision or likings is creative and will certainly generate conversations with people and make new friends or pis off the NCRS crowd :smilielol5: not to be confused with those of us in the Not Correctly Restored Stingray club :woowoo:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Found that ZIP products is the cheapest when compared to Elkers and others.

Welcome to the forum you will find a BUNCH of info in here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts