Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C6 height adjusters helped immensely get me and my 2010 through winter driving. I am considering a CTS-V Sport Wagon for the future and am now wondering if any other GM vehicles have height adjusters on them. Anyone know of any? thnx!!!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
My C6 height adjusters helped immensely get me and my 2010 through winter driving. I am considering a CTS-V Sport Wagon for the future and am now wondering if any other GM vehicles have height adjusters on them. Anyone know of any? thnx!!!!
No. For that to happen they would need either a transverse leaf spring like the Corvette's, which no other car has, or a coilover setup, which, again, no factory car comes with.
The CTS-V is much higher off the ground than a C6 though. If you need much more ground clearance than that you should seriously be looking at trucks and SUV's... You can fit most cars with coilovers but they are a race component and will typically ride much harsher than stock.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
No. For that to happen they would need either a transverse leaf spring like the Corvette's, which no other car has, or a coilover setup, which, again, no factory car comes with.
The CTS-V is much higher off the ground than a C6 though. If you need much more ground clearance than that you should seriously be looking at trucks and SUV's... You can fit most cars with coilovers but they are a race component and will typically ride much harsher than stock.
they don't have to be
you can order softer springs and revalve the shocks softer if need be
again , mo money , mo money,mo money

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forums are amazing???!!!

I tell people I want A and hear/read I should have a B instead............. duh? Truck YOU! I have tried trucks and they suck! I hated two F150 supercharged HDs and I sold two Viper trucks recently and they were just plain squirrelly. Whenever on the expressway, in a gentle turn, if I hit any size bump at all, the rear bumper tried to pass the front one. Many videos are showing these trucks rolling. Not for me for a lot of reasons. I love the C6 and know I would also like the CTS-V Wagon. Just bought a 3.0 Sport Wagon for the dau and these are nice cars but do not sit high at all and I could only upsize one size in front but went two sizes and higher profile too, in back. I appreciate the answer that no other GM vehicles have the height adjusters. Thnx for that but not the rest. Amazing though the comment about transverse springs being required for ht. adjusters. My Vette has ht. adjusters in front but isn't there only a transverse spring in back?????????????

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I tell people I want A and hear/read I should have a B instead............. duh? Truck YOU! I have tried trucks and they suck! I hated two F150 supercharged HDs and I sold two Viper trucks recently and they were just plain squirrelly. Whenever on the expressway, in a gentle turn, if I hit any size bump at all, the rear bumper tried to pass the front one. Many videos are showing these trucks rolling. Not for me for a lot of reasons. I love the C6 and know I would also like the CTS-V Wagon. Just bought a 3.0 Sport Wagon for the dau and these are nice cars but do not sit high at all and I could only upsize one size in front but went two sizes and higher profile too, in back. I appreciate the answer that no other GM vehicles have the height adjusters. Thnx for that but not the rest.
Your raised corvette on high sidewall snow-only usage tires doesn't handle any better than a high end SUV which is designed for its intended ride height and rides on much wider tires. I'd put money on it. Any halfway decent driver with an Infinity Q45 / BMW X3 or similar will dust you on an autocross or track.

Amazing though the comment about transverse springs being required for ht. adjusters. My Vette has ht. adjusters in front but isn't there only a transverse spring in back?????????????
No, the front and rear suspension setups are identical and both have height adjusters on their transverse composite leaf springs.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thnx for answering my questions.

The info powertabs provides pertaining to my questions is appreciated. Your crapola about SUVs can be stuck where their mud goes. You like SUVs? YOU get one. I do not need to explain or repeat I do not have any interest in any of them and obviously, there is more to my everyday transportation than cornering extremely fast. My C6's handling is very much like it was when I bought it and much more importantly, the car is now how I want it. I care not about autocross or any track you make turns on. That stupidity is unAmerican! ...but again - thnx for the ht. adjr. info even if it was bad news. ....and 45 and 40 series tires can hardly be considered "high sidewall".......... but then you need to exaggerate to make a "point" that has nothing to do with what I want, right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
no, but you could always convert any of them to an air bag suspension - or, and cheaper, just add air-shocks.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not trust air...

Experience from many years ago has shown air leaks out, leaving big suspension problems to deal with. I understand a decent suspension shop in this area could resolve my wants/needs, but I asked a good question. The answers I get here based on knowledge from experience on cars is invaluable and quite helpful. The opinions and suggestions I get are generally not worth warm spit, like suggesting 45 and 40 series tires are "high-sidewall". duh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts