Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am now pointing my new infrared gun at everything (probably a bad idea!) and I see that the front and rear header tubes on each side are cooler than the center two (350 vs 390 degrees). I think I can write this off to the aluminum heads? Seems to run good, temporarily replaced a plug wire to see if it was a spark problem and no change...

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
So I am now pointing my new infrared gun at everything (probably a bad idea!) and I see that the front and rear header tubes on each side are cooler than the center two (350 vs 390 degrees). I think I can write this off to the aluminum heads? Seems to run good, temporarily replaced a plug wire to see if it was a spark problem and no change...

I would think the center two pipes would be somewhat hotter as they're siamesed together.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'll make it 3- with toobroke and fish.

The center ports being siamesed, PLUS the heat crossover for the intake, it's going to be warmer than the ends.

Under the heading "If it's not broke, it don't need fixing"

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm spending time finding excuses to NOT pull my trani a second time. After replacing the broken clutch fork (when everything was back together), I found I had no adjustment on the clutch (and no pedal) and figured out that the pivot ball stud is too short (probably what broke the first fork). I bought an OEM as well as an adjustable to make sure I have one long enough when I do the job. Meanwhile, I (safely) modified the clutch rod so I can drive it some. I don't want to break this fork too so I will do it soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts