Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My headlight lenses are cracked on my C6. The dealership mechanic is telling me the whole assembly needs to be replaced due to moisture in the wiring, and the bulbs will eventually short out. The corvette has not been driven in the rain, since the lenses have been cracked, and it is kept in the garage. Is it necessary to replace the whole assembly or is he trying to get more money out of me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My headlight lenses are cracked on my C6. The dealership mechanic is telling me the whole assembly needs to be replaced due to moisture in the wiring, and the bulbs will eventually short out. The corvette has not been driven in the rain, since the lenses have been cracked, and it is kept in the garage. Is it necessary to replace the whole assembly or is he trying to get more money out of me.
I have a c6 2008 and a c3 1978. The C6 has a small crack and is fine. No humidity in the headlamp. The moisture in the wiring is surely an exaggeration. On the other hand, my 1978 C3 (bought a month ago) has rust all over the place. I just changed the headlight bulbs las week (sealed units). The connectors were all rusted but still working fine. What I am saying is just buy some contact cleaner on the contacts after trying to clean them and you wil be fine. of course, in the future you see fogging in the light, then decide to go to ANOTHER mechanic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look on eBay, there is many headlight lens available for the C6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts