Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today i turned my 1976 stingray headlights on for an inspection renewel and they came up, turned on and went down just as desired...After i Paid, i turned the car on and the headlights came up on their own and wouldnt go back down..Lights work just fine and so do the high beams..Just cant get them to go back down..Please help...

Dix*76

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 69 had three control knobs under the dash near the steering wheel .I'd make sure they are set correctly .On my 69 the headlights we're vacuum operated .I'd check the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Just today i turned my 1976 stingray headlights on for an inspection renewel and they came up, turned on and went down just as desired...After i Paid, i turned the car on and the headlights came up on their own and wouldnt go back down..Lights work just fine and so do the high beams..Just cant get them to go back down..Please help...

Dix*76

It takes engine vacuum to draw them down so I'd guess you have a hose that is either leaking or has become disconnected. As the hoses plug onto oval-shaped nipples on the valve they often come undone. The valve is located underside of the nose just in front of the hood. Also make sure the switch under your steering column hasn't been pulled.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It takes engine vacuum to draw them down so I'd guess you have a hose that is either leaking or has become disconnected. As the hoses plug onto oval-shaped nipples on the valve they often come undone. The valve is located underside of the nose just in front of the hood. Also make sure the switch under your steering column hasn't been pulled.
Switch was pulled under steering column..Thanks for the help!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts