Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to change the head light switch on my '82. My Hanes manuel does not give a whole lot of information.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Is there an easy way to change the head light switch on my '82. My Hanes manuel does not give a whole lot of information.
you take off the gauges and under the switch theirs a button just press and hold and pull out the lever and then the switch holds in place by the big nut and out it comes (disconnect the wire harness)
the switch on the 76 is different but has the same process

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ley me ask you guys a question on my 70 the fuse for the dash lights is not getting hot on either side of the fuse .
could this be caused by the headlight switch i'm sure that's where the power comes from?
by saying not getting hot are you talking about not getting power ? with out looking at a schematic I would figure that it would come from the switch.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ley me ask you guys a question on my 70 the fuse for the dash lights is not getting hot on either side of the fuse .
could this be caused by the headlight switch i'm sure that's where the power comes from?
the power goes from the headlight switch to the the dimmer lights

·
Registered
474 Posts
You should have juice on both sides of the fuse, lights on or off. If one side only, bad fuse; if you don't have juice on either side, something is disconnected at the fuse box.

·
Registered
584 Posts
when my headlight switch broke I had no power going out so thats when I learned the headlight switch is always hot and sends the power to the headlights, parking lights, and dimmers thats why their still on when you turn off the car
the switches changed in 74 maybe so did the wiring?

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's true the switch always has power running to it. It goes through the fuse to the switch. That's why there should be juice either side of the fuse-even when the car is off, that's how they've been wired for a long time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Head Light Switch Replaced.

I replaced my head light switch, seemed kinda easy, except breaking the speedometer needle. My headlights still do not rotate up.The head lights will go down when I use the switch under the dash,just not the head light switch. What next???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts