Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking a about getting a head and cam package from texas speed for my ls2 c6 and dont know what package would make more power Precison Race Components Stg 2.5 L92 Heads & Cam or Precison Race Components Stg 2.5 LS6 Heads & Cam i am planing to get a fast manifold and they now make 102mm manifold for both port designs?

·
Registered
776 Posts
i was thinking a about getting a head and cam package from texas speed for my ls2 c6 and dont know what package would make more power Precison Race Components Stg 2.5 L92 Heads & Cam or Precison Race Components Stg 2.5 LS6 Heads & Cam i am planing to get a fast manifold and they now make 102mm manifold for both port designs?
remember you can sell the ls2 heads and intake for about $600 or so.

If it was me, With all i have read and seen I would go with the stock L92 heads (inexpensive) and the matching ported 102mm manifold.
LMR Steve, did a big cam only with headers on an LS3 and made 502whp.

·
Registered
776 Posts

If it was me, With all i have read and seen I would go with the stock L92 heads (inexpensive) and the matching ported 102mm manifold.
LMR Steve, did a big cam only with headers on an LS3 and made 502whp. PM for who to do the port job if you are interested

·
Registered
69 Posts

LMR Steve, did a big cam only with headers on an LS3 and made 502whp.
502 to the wheels!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
As far as the heads are concerned One important factor is: how much air does the head flow? You should be able to compare flowrates of both heads. The manufacturer's will have this info. Of course there are many other factors to consider too. But this is the most important one IMHO :food-smiley-019:

·
Registered
776 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I would take LS3 heads over LS6 heads, but call them and ask. They'll know.
Its hard to get high compression from LS3 heads with a big cam without being forced to flycut your pistons.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I would take LS3 heads over LS6 heads, but call them and ask. They'll know.
Its hard to get high compression from LS3 heads with a big cam without being forced to flycut your pistons.
from memory, i believe a 228, 232 -- .58xx lift cam will fit without the flycut

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
from memory, i believe a 228, 232 -- .58xx lift cam will fit without the flycut
cams in the 228 - 232 do fit with stock heads. :thumbsup: The OP needs to watch PTV carefully if the heads got milled as part of the Stage 2.5 upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts