Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there rubber on this thing. It inherently can vibrate I believe any with rubber moves.
Also I had Crank balanced. Seems A shimmy coming from somewhere. I wunder if the trans or Clutch is misaligned. I did not true the Bellhousing. Think I should have with new trans and clutch.

Installed Richmond 6 speed. and Mcleod Clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Me thinks all parts R Balanced By theirselves ? Cause I run into a replacement part ! & the book said to mark this & that,,, Well How Do U Mark a new Part ?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Why is there rubber on this thing. It inherently can vibrate I believe any with rubber moves.
Also I had Crank balanced. Seems A shimmy coming from somewhere. I wunder if the trans or Clutch is misaligned. I did not true the Bellhousing. Think I should have with new trans and clutch.

the rubber is the dampner
it absorbs some of the shake/power pulses and smoothes things out

did you change the flywheel ?
or R&R the existing one ?

as far as the bellhousing goes , I'd check it

·
Registered
146 Posts
McLeod clutch setups are great. Been running one for over ten years. I also went with an ATI damper. My tuner at the time said it was the hot ticket for the LS6 blower motor he built for my car. I have to agree as the engine has been in the car for a long time and still runs like a champ.

Real men put money into the car for speed. Not some Ghey crap across the top of the windshield. :sheep:

·
Registered
146 Posts

Does the shimmy come from a certain engine rpm while in neutral or is it at a certain speed while driving down the road? :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts