Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on the Hankook Ventus V12 tires? They seem to get good reviews everywhere I look. Any of you guys using them now?

·
Smokin Vendor
151 Posts
Any thoughts on the Hankook Ventus V12 tires? They seem to get good reviews everywhere I look. Any of you guys using them now?
I used them on my last wheel setup (18x10, 18x12) and was very pleased. Good forward grip, great lateral grip, and they come in and out of traction very well. Not quite as sticky as my Dunlop Z1 Star Specs (and nowhere near as sticky as my track tires, Toyo R888s), but great feel. I'd recommend them over PS2's, Falken 615's and similar. The stock Z06 F1 Supercars might have had more grip, but honestly I haven't run them in so long that I don't truly remember.

Plus, they're diiiiiiiirt cheap, and come in a wide range of sizes! They get a big [PASS] stamp from me :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I ended up purchasing them and they are so much better than the run flats. I live in Florida, so it will be interesting to see how they hook up when it is 100 degrees outside.

·
Smokin Vendor
151 Posts
Thanks, I ended up purchasing them and they are so much better than the run flats. I live in Florida, so it will be interesting to see how they hook up when it is 100 degrees outside.
Anything's better than the stock runCRAPS. You'll have to keep us posted, let us know how the grip/braking feel is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have been on Hankook's for nearly two months now (daily driver) and they are great. I strongly recommend them for noise reduction, traction and comfort. Grip is good, especially in the rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts