Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped to check mail last night and the gauges and cpu went berserk. Every possible message popped up on the display, from out of gas, reduced engine power, low tire pressure, to service traction system. The temperature guage was pegged to the right, the gas gauge showed empty and oil pressure was pegged also. The chime was going off constantly. I turned off the engine and restarted it. Everything was back to normal. Does anyone know what caused this? Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
low battery or a bad ground ?
did you pull the codes ?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didn't throw any codes and the battery is only a year old. It still reads 14.1 volts. I'm thinking it might be a grounding point also.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I had something similiar happen a few years ago. Gauges would just go berserk then after a restart everything would be fine. After exhausting myself trying to find out what was causing it, I finally took it to an electrical shop and they found that it was a shorted wire under the dash. Easy fix for them, I would have never found it though. I'm a wrenchhead, I leave spark chasing under the dash to someone who knows his stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts