Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just removed the l98 this morning and need some info on this crate motor to be installed in my 85. My how plans change when you come into easy money. No more rebuilds or research on parts.ha,ha just kidding... besides going backwards to carb I am sure it will make me smile.anyone know a list of all the changes and what sensors will still work with my cool digital dash ?

· Registered
2,849 Posts
what sensors will still work with my cool digital dash ?
All the gauges will work ( except mileage and range ) using the original engine sensors.

need some info on this crate motor to be installed in my 85.
anyone know a list of all the changes ?
Mostly rewiring
You need to make the fuel pump relay run off the key ; a wire from the Ign switch
or better ;you can install a push button to the relay ( for prime after sitting longtime ) and keep - rewire the factory OP switch that runs the fuel pump
Engine will fire with the fuel in carb bowl and as soon as OP goes over 4 psi ( cranking ) the pump will run to fill the carb.
As soon as the engine stops, the pump will also stop so no need to remember to turn anything off

You need a thermo switch ( something like http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product/2138/SPAL_Fan_Accessories2 )
wired to the fan relay to run the fan.
Remove ECM completely

Install a TBI low pressure fuel pump in place of the Hi pressure TPI pump and a non bypass reg at the carb
or keep the original pump and install a bypass reg in the engine bay using the stock return line to drop the pressure down

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.