Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Don't try to compensate for low HP by putting a lower gear ratio in the rear end..........Build a Bigger Engine ?

I bought my 3.54's 22 years ago and they only cost me $154. As I live in California I can't go with a bigger engine so the lower gears was all I could do. As my original ratio was 2.87's the 3.54's made a big difference. And I didn't lose that much gas mileage either. Maybe 3 mpg.

·
Registered
908 Posts
What do you have now for gearing. Is it a D44? Auto or std?

The gearing can be obtained from the RPO code providing no one changed the gear after they purchased it or a tag on the rear dif.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gear Ratio!

LOLOLOL! Workin on it ! Just Put a New Chip in The Lil Gal ! & They said it'll take 100 miles for the ECM to accept it ? I'm hopin it's a Quick learner ?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gear Ratio?

OK! U Motor Heads ? I Got the New chip in & it is one Hell of a improvement over the Used to Be !!! & I have 3.07 Rears.......Build a Bigger Motor !!! :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
122 Posts
the rear end gear change improves acceleration not hp. you can only use so much hp, but you can never have enough accelareation, imo. 0-60 used more than top speed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts