Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am redo'ing parts of my garage. I was wondering what you are using for work bench counter top? It seems all the good looking stuff won't hold up to abuse. Would like to see what others are using.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I'm using Gladiator stuff

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'd like to redo mine also. I currently just have 3/4" plywood for my top. Actually my entire garage needs a face lift.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to redo mine also. I currently just have 3/4" plywood for my top. Actually my entire garage needs a face lift.
Yeah ... my work bench is an old formica counter top with peg board and shelving mounted behind it. Actually a pretty good work surface!

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
4 x 9 foot 1 inch steel top table with two vices. You do need a fork lift to move it but it doesn't move when your working on it.:thumbsup::thumbsup::coffeetime::smilielol5::smilielol5:

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have found that no matter what you have for a bench top, putting on a large piece of cardboard as a protective cover helps to keep the actual top nice looking!

·
Registered
354 Posts
My garage needs some major help :( Not looking forward to that project! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
Yeah ... my work bench is an old formica counter top with peg board and shelving mounted behind it. Actually a pretty good work surface!
True, that. That is what I had at my previous place.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My work space consists of my old kitchen cabinets and counter tops that I gutted from the house, complete with sink and H/C water. :coffeetime:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Just a hand built wood bench. Doesn't look pretty but it holds up very well. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
April after tax's we will have the entire garage redone. I was even thinking about turning the space up near the ceiling into some usable space for storage. Right now my work bench is nothing more than plywood that is pretty beat up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts