Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done some search's and have noticed that others have had issues that seem to have been overcome.

I've looked at what other threads have suggested, which mainly have to do with taking your time and following the manual.

I've done this and yet the only way I can open my garage door is with my remote that I've had with the door for well over 10 years or so.

My Corvette is a '07 C6. Do I need to have a relatively new garage door system for this to work properly?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I wasn't aware of these not working with older garage door systems. Generally from what I've heard, those that had issues later were able to get the visor opener to work.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine was a pain in the a$$ to get set up. It seriously took a few times. That's the best I can say. My garage door system is also new so I can't comment on the older door system either. I would contact the door manufacture and check with them after you try it a couple more times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a relatively new door also, and my opener on the visor took a few times to get it dialed in.

:) Nikka

·
Smokin Manufacture
3,067 Posts
If you car was produced after 10/06 you most likely have a visor control made by the car2u company (3 buttons and 3 LEDs, one over each button). Car2u is not a friendly as the the more popular homelink system. Often you need to purchase a universial adapter to get the visor to work with the garage door. see the car2u page here

http://www.learcar2u.com/

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an 09 Z, I programmed my 20 year old garage door in about 3 minutes or less. I had to take my remote apart and make note of the dip switches, on or off, then follow instructions as for pushing left or right button and your done. I had a note pad and just copied down the positions. It was like 11 digits long so it looked like, LLRRLRRRRLLR..., and then just push the far left and far right button not the middle. I just did my 09 Saturn Vue the same way. My 06 was easier just had to hold down the remote button I think.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you car was produced after 10/06 you most likely have a visor control made by the car2u company (3 buttons and 3 LEDs, one over each button). Car2u is not a friendly as the the more popular homelink system. Often you need to purchase a universial adapter to get the visor to work with the garage door. see the car2u page here

http://www.learcar2u.com/
Hey Ed, good to see you posting here. Got my fuse cover today, thanks looks great.:cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've done some search's and have noticed that others have had issues that seem to have been overcome.

I've looked at what other threads have suggested, which mainly have to do with taking your time and following the manual.

I've done this and yet the only way I can open my garage door is with my remote that I've had with the door for well over 10 years or so.

My Corvette is a '07 C6. Do I need to have a relatively new garage door system for this to work properly?
Read my earlier post. 2 person job. The learn button on the opener must be pressed at the same time as the visor button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts