Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any heavy duty cabinets that will hold heavy tools and car parts that look good for garage? A couple of my cheap-o cabinets have fallen apart and I really need to do something here.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
I have Gladiator and they are sturdy but they aren't going to hold a lot of really heavy stuff - like an engine block or several heads...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I recently installed these three , with three more to go. They store alot of parts and tools. 42L x 18d x 16h $40.00 ea at a local discount store. 2/7/10 update , Added 4 more cabinets above my workbench. Total cost of job , $320.00

·
Registered
126 Posts
Those look pretty solid, nice looking shelfs. How are they fastened to the wall?
You first mount a hanger strip to the wall , trying to catch at least three studs , then lift the cabinet up and onto it. The cabinet has 4in. wide hooks on the back that hook into the hanger strip. You then add two or more screws thru the back of the cabinet and into the studs for added security.
In my case , I had to use anchors made for block to mount the hanger strip.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Build your own like I did, I have cabnets all around my garage
Nice work. You know there are companies that will come out and build the cabinets for you also. My neighbor just had his entire garage worked over and it turned out incredible. We might have to do just the same. :hehehe:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice work. You know there are companies that will come out and build the cabinets for you also. My neighbor just had his entire garage worked over and it turned out incredible. We might have to do just the same. :hehehe:
Thanks, I did have a company come out and give me a quote, for what they wanted for 1 cabinet, I did my whole garage.:thumbsup3:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts