Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking at that black C6 that was on the telephone wire, I was thinking. Does a C6 have a fuel cut off when it's been involved in a accident?

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Not sure I understand the question "fuel cutoff".

The Corvette uses an electric fuel pump and electronic fuel injection, not gravity feed and as such, no power, no fuel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure I understand the question "fuel cutoff".

The Corvette uses an electric fuel pump and electronic fuel injection, not gravity feed and as such, no power, no fuel.
After I posted my question I read it again and think I posted that question to quickly! :smilielol5::smilielol5: I was thinking some race cars have a fuel cut off so if there is a accident the risk of fire is cut down. So there are a few "holes" in my question that weren't exactly thought out prior to posting. I should get another cup of coffee! :smilielol5::smilielol5:

·
Registered
433 Posts
some cars, and most motorcycles have a sensor to measure the lean angle of the vehicle, such as being upside down and will shut off devices and not allow the vehicle to start...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Maybe the 'Vette doesn't need one but my Harley has an electric fuel pump and electronic fuel injection and it DOES have a cut-off that activates if the bike gets too horizontal. It takes a few minutes to reset when the bike is returned to the upright position. It is a safety device to minimize fuel spillage but I'm not sure if it is part of the fuel pump, part of the injectors or a separate part.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Maybe the 'Vette doesn't need one but my Harley has an electric fuel pump and electronic fuel injection and it DOES have a cut-off that activates if the bike gets too horizontal. It takes a few minutes to reset when the bike is returned to the upright position. It is a safety device to minimize fuel spillage but I'm not sure if it is part of the fuel pump, part of the injectors or a separate part.
Your referring to the Bank Angle Sensor, i believe we both have 03 harleys, it is a separate device contained in the turn signal/alarm module...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alot of cars have a re-set button for the fuel pump cut off, that is found in the trunk. In the event the relay/sensor is activated due to excessive lean angle and shuts off electrical power to the fuel pump, just press the button when the vehicle is up-righted (onto all 4 tires) and the fuel pump will receive power again.

Have not seen this used on the C6 Corvette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts