Chevy Corvette Forum banner

front springs

5K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  PalmBeachVette76 
#1 · (Edited)
My '73 has the original springs on the front and I replaced the shocks with KYB's. I did some suspension mod's to the rear recently and now the front now feels a little "floaty". Would replacing the springs tighten up the front and increase handling, especially in corners? If so, what size/weight rating would I want? Are there other ideas/options for upgrades? I added a sway bar in the rear and VBP advised I match to the front so I don't really don't want to change that. BTW, I put all new poly bushings on the control arms when I replaced the shocks about 5K miles ago.

#9 ·
I cut my coils by an inch and a half. They were big block springs i think. I have a small block in the bay. I have encountered no issues. I have a pretty beefy front and rear sway bar too. My ride height is good in the front. Just a bit too high in the back. i was told that I can adjust the rear without too much trouble.

#14 ·
get sports , don't waste money on HD's

#19 ·
According to vette brake products, the oem were probably rated about 350 lbs whennew 40 years ago. I am thinking, since I dont autocross, just want a stiffer front end, I would be happy with the 460 lb ones. Does anyone have any experience with either the 460 or 550 lb front springs on an early 70's SBC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.