Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now from Southern Car Parts

Do you want to protect the front of your car from rock chips and bug debris? Do you hate the hassle of the standard leather Bra (hard to take on and off, rough on paint)? We have the perfect solution....Our light weight stretch nylon material Bra comes on and off in seconds, protects the front of your car for rock chips and bug debris while having a satin touch on your paint. Snaps off in seconds and can be wadded up and stuffed into something the size of a shoe!!!!! Also can be ordered with protective mirror covers. Perfect solution for highway trips, when the trip is over, take it off and put it in your cargo area. Off or on in less the 2 mins. Best Bra solution on the market for the Corvette.

- Fits better than any other mask on the market
- Stretch nylon knit construction
- Keeps bumper clean and bug-free
- Secures to car with snaps
- Super quick installation
- Machine or hand washable
- Folds compactly for easy in-car storage
- Mirror Covers Also Available

Click here to order...
http://southerncarparts.com/front-bumper-mask-p-284.html

Thanks,

Jim Vose

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have also read that a Nose Mask makes the vehicle a little more stealthy in that the radar and laser signals have a tendency to be absorbed more by the mask material than by the regular paint on the car, i.e., there is less signal reflected back to the radar/laser unit.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Fugly!

....but then so are stone chips. I guess if you live on a dirt road or have to drive through gravel, extra protection makes sense, but I, for one, am glad the widespread peer-pressured stupidity of the '80s has died down and we do not generally see cars with masks anymore. I remember discussing with a coworker the real reason he had a mask on his car as being making it look ugly now so it would not look ugly later. I appreciate all the sponsors here, but this particular product is......

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I happen to have a, so called, mask on both my Corvette and my Dodge Intrepid. The mask on the Corvette has been there since a month after I bought the car in 2006 and the one (actually the 2nd one) on the Dodge has been on the car since 1999. They are there because I like them, they are my cars and really don't give a chit about anyone else's opinion of them. I put one on the 1971 'Cuda that I bought new when I returned from Vietnam and it had a mask (actually 3) on it until I sold the car in 1988. Peer pressure... BULLFECES.

·
Registered
187 Posts
....but then so are stone chips. I guess if you live on a dirt road or have to drive through gravel, extra protection makes sense, but I, for one, am glad the widespread peer-pressured stupidity of the '80s has died down and we do not generally see cars with masks anymore. I remember discussing with a coworker the real reason he had a mask on his car as being making it look ugly now so it would not look ugly later. I appreciate all the sponsors here, but this particular product is......
Crack?

This particular product is a little overpriced, but what isn't for these cars. They do look better than the hazy picture in this thread and are quick to install and remove from the car. A nice alternative to clear and vinyl bras. I use one since I didn't want to pay $550+ for a Speed Lingerie color-keyed bra that was only going to be on the car for long trips anyway. No peer pressure for me, but I've used products like this on cars since the 80's to prevent the road rash that I assume your car suffers from. And when used on a black car like my previous car, they are hardly noticable, unlike the pitting that builds up on the front of any car that color not using one.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Crack?

This particular product is a little overpriced, but what isn't for these cars. They do look better than the hazy picture in this thread and are quick to install and remove from the car. A nice alternative to clear and vinyl bras. I use one since I didn't want to pay $550+ for a Speed Lingerie color-keyed bra that was only going to be on the car for long trips anyway. No peer pressure for me, but I've used products like this on cars since the 80's to prevent the road rash that I assume your car suffers from. And when used on a black car like my previous car, they are hardly noticable, unlike the pitting that builds up on the front of any car that color not using one.
Agree. A bit pricey for what it is, but still cheaper than repainting or replacing the bumper.
I've used nose masks in the past and have had plenty of times that they saved the front of my car from the dump truck hitting bumps and spewing bouncing gravel over all lanes of the highway.

:patriot:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now from Southern Car Parts

Do you want to protect the front of your car from rock chips and bug debris? Do you hate the hassle of the standard leather Bra (hard to take on and off, rough on paint)? We have the perfect solution....Our light weight stretch nylon material Bra comes on and off in seconds, protects the front of your car for rock chips and bug debris while having a satin touch on your paint. Snaps off in seconds and can be wadded up and stuffed into something the size of a shoe!!!!! Also can be ordered with protective mirror covers. Perfect solution for highway trips, when the trip is over, take it off and put it in your cargo area. Off or on in less the 2 mins. Best Bra solution on the market for the Corvette.

- Fits better than any other mask on the market
- Stretch nylon knit construction
- Keeps bumper clean and bug-free
- Secures to car with snaps
- Super quick installation
- Machine or hand washable
- Folds compactly for easy in-car storage
- Mirror Covers Also Available

Click here to order...
http://southerncarparts.com/front-bumper-mask-p-284.html

Thanks,

Jim Vose