Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for modified front-end alignment specs. for my 98 coupe. I do mostly highway driving and the inside of my new Michelin's are starting to show wear in about 5000 miles, I had a 4 wheel alignment to factory specs. done before I installed new tires . I thought that I read somewhere of some modified specs to help curtail this .

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Or they didn't do the alignment correctly.

I have a friend that owns an alignment shop. I had him do an alignment on my wife's LandRover. It was out a bit. All corrected.

Took it to a tire shop for some new tires and they said they would check the alignment for free. Said sure. They came back and said it needed an alignment and they had a special for $39. For S&G I said yes.

Got it back "aligned" from the tire shop. I did some quick checks myself and it seemed out. Took it back to my fiend, put it on his rack and it WAS out. Front right was toed out. This will cause inside excessive wear.

I think the tire shop just tweaks them to wear out tires. They blame all alignment on bad roads and hitting curbs - most consumers do not know.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I started with these as baseline numbers.
Two sets of tires ago (Firestone Firehawk runflats) I wanted more tire life and went with an even less "agressive" set of front specs than the first set of numbers listed.

http://www.pfadtracing.com/blog/wp-...09/Corvette-Alignment-Guide-Rev-9.12.2011.pdf

I got 35k miles from those Firestones. :woowoo:

PM me and I'll look for my exact numbers in my service file...

:abduct:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts