Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine just installed his new CCW 19" and 20" rims. He was asking if anyone has good detail directions on how to lower his C5. Here are some pics of his beauty.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Do you know the size on thise rims/tires?
It looks like he has big brakes too. Do you know what they are?

lowering is a matter of adjusting the bolt that connects the lower a-arms to the leaf spring - and then re-aligning everything...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rims are 19 x 10 and 20 x 11.5. The rotors are standard Baer Stainless and not the big brake system. Hope this helps

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yep, I lowered mine on stock bolts. There are multiple posts with directions here. I took it to my local mechanic and he lowered it for me for $50. Took him less than an hour.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
wheels look really good. just too much open wheel well.. you can only get about 3/4 inch out of the stock bolts.. its just simply taking weight off spring and backing the bolts down .. there are aftermaket bolts that will give you a little more .. you will need an alignment tho..... Lowering looks good, but it will drag and scrape on everything. I know a guy who can t get his lowered car in his Garage without stacking boards at the curb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts