Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did all the work myself including paint. The hood scoop is an early Camaro tunnel that I cut down and molded in not functional and the flames are a home mix of blue ghost pearl and white pearl suspended in clear.The only thing I'm worried about is that hood flex so I open from the middle only and I'm thinking of a linear actuator.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hood

:thumbsup3:
Did all the work myself including paint. The hood scoop is an early Camaro tunnel that I cut down and molded in not functional and the flames are a home mix of blue ghost pearl and white pearl suspended in clear.The only thing I'm worried about is that hood flex so I open from the middle only and I'm thinking of a linear actuator.
OH! WOW! Good Job ! :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice work man :rockon6rk:

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's awesome! I'm not usually a fan of flames or graphics on any car, but I have to say that looks great! It's not over done and fits the car perfectly. Great job!

Mike

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I think it looks great. Maybe a little heavy to call them ghost flames, or is that just the name of the color? You got them trimmed very even to "mirror" on both sides, which is VERY hard to do unless you have some experience.

If you used SMC filler, a good urethane with flex agent and did not cut into the factory frame the flexing shouldn't cause you any trouble for many years.

I think you deserve to treat your-self to a beer after that job. :thumbsup3:

Is your front scoop functional?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You deserve an "Atta-Boy." Very professional looking result.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The hood is awesome but it ain't the only thing flaming in this thread.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
You're not very far from me....we should get together for a mini 'Corvette Rally'...maybe meet up in Elkhorn for lunch sometime....would love to see your car in person.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Awesome. :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No not functional and blue ghost is the name of the pearl it's a smaller pearl. Thanks for the comments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts