Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know a way to prove lose of value for my 2011 grand sport.
Insurance co. Only wants to
repair badly wrecked car.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The key is to take it to a body shop YOU pick and not one of the shops the insurance company is partnered up with- you need a body shop that puts your interests above those of the insurance company.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think your after diminished value, which is a loss of value to the car even tho it's repaired? Depending on your states laws you may or may not be entitled to it. Illinois has no provision for it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think your after diminished value, which is a loss of value to the car even tho it's repaired? Depending on your states laws you may or may not be entitled to it. Illinois has no provision for it.
Agreed. Good luck getting loss of value. The insurance company is there to repair the car (if possible), give you the value of the car at the time of the loss as a settlement if totaled, and take care of any property damage or injury. They typically aren't going to be concerned about any loss in value in your vehicle due to an accident.
That being said, I'm a little surprised that they are going to repair it if it is "badly wrecked" since it may not be cost effective or safe to do so. Have noticed here (CA) that they will total cars for a lot less damage than you describe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts