Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know it is becoming more and more popular for "some" people to "build fake" 1967 Corvette Big Block cars....well if anyone knows of Noel Grace of Performance Plus Corvettes in Hamilton Ohio they recently went out of business because they went bankrupt but they have opened another dealership in another name with someone else as a front man. They are calling themselves Factory Hot Rods and a rumor is ......when they left the old building alot of "extra trim tags" and putty bars for restamping blocks, transmissions, intakes etc....were found. I have heard through the grapevine the Noel Grace has been faking big block corvettes for a long time. Supposedly He has connections and has been purchasing original sheeting for GM paperwork that he gives with his cars so that the customers think they are getting real paperwork which includes POP's, tank stickers. I have also been told he is being sued by at least one former customer and most of these cars had an NCRS Top Flight Award (his cars are so good even NCRS judges didn't figure it out). I am just letting everyone know what I heard because the more these fake cars are sold the less valueable the real ones become. There are ways of telling if your car is fake if you know what to look for. If anyone has any information to add please feel free to contact me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks

As many of you know it is becoming more and more popular for "some" people to "build fake" 1967 Corvette Big Block cars....well if anyone knows of Noel Grace of Performance Plus Corvettes in Hamilton Ohio they recently went out of business because they went bankrupt but they have opened another dealership in another name with someone else as a front man. They are calling themselves Factory Hot Rods and a rumor is ......when they left the old building alot of "extra trim tags" and putty bars for restamping blocks, transmissions, intakes etc....were found. I have heard through the grapevine the Noel Grace has been faking big block corvettes for a long time. Supposedly He has connections and has been purchasing original sheeting for GM paperwork that he gives with his cars so that the customers think they are getting real paperwork which includes POP's, tank stickers. I have also been told he is being sued by at least one former customer and most of these cars had an NCRS Top Flight Award (his cars are so good even NCRS judges didn't figure it out). I am just letting everyone know what I heard because the more these fake cars are sold the less valueable the real ones become. There are ways of telling if your car is fake if you know what to look for. If anyone has any information to add please feel free to contact me.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah but GM just opened the archives, so they might be worthless, see www dot ncrs.org for details :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Billy Ray

As in the words of Donald Trump, what is fake here is this article. This is fake news! I know Noel Grace personally. He has upmost integrity and honesty. He is just a all-around great guy and would never do this. What he has is people who are jealous and like to say things that are untrue. If you read this guys article, it's full of heard it through the Grapevine, etc. etc. etc. bullshit bullshit bullshit. Let's see some proof big man! Anybody can cast aspersions . Makes me wonder when someone has all this information, and nothing to back it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts