Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to swap out my CD and the factory Nav unit in my '06 won't eject it? I have tried shutting the car down and locking and re starting a couple times and nothing. What can I do?

Thank you for the help.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
I've been trying to swap out my CD and the factory Nav unit in my '06 won't eject it? I have tried shutting the car down and locking and re starting a couple times and nothing. What can I do?

Thank you for the help.
Take another CD and press the edge of the two together as if you were trying to insert the second cd in. It is likely a temperature issue. There is no manual eject for the CD and if the button won't prompt the eject this will sometimes work. What you should be trying to do with this is use the outside CD to push the inside CD. The object is to just move the inside CD just enough to reseat it and allow it to eject normally.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Take another CD and press the edge of the two together as if you were trying to insert the second cd in. It is likely a temperature issue. There is no manual eject for the CD and if the button won't prompt the eject this will sometimes work. What you should be trying to do with this is use the outside CD to push the inside CD. The object is to just move the inside CD just enough to reseat it and allow it to eject normally.
If done this before actually on different car and the CD managed to come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts