Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being on this forum has helped not only with advice but has saved me a lot of money as well. Thanks to Rico sending me info on my shocks I was able to pick them up for a fraction of the MSRP cost. Which literally saved me over two Grand! Thats TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS..for those of us with these shocks all I can say is "Wow, How do the engineers at GM sleep at night with that crazy markup?" I mean how are they're prices justified. Pretty crazy. Anyway, I will be back on the road much, much sooner thanks to the fine folks on this site. So here's to you.:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Being on this forum has helped not only with advice but has saved me a lot of money as well. Thanks to Rico sending me info on my shocks I was able to pick them up for a fraction of the MSRP cost. Which literally saved me over two Grand! Thats TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS..for those of us with these shocks all I can say is "Wow, How do the engineers at GM sleep at night with that crazy markup?" I mean how are they're prices justified. Pretty crazy. Anyway, I will be back on the road much, much sooner thanks to the fine folks on this site. So here's to you.:thumbsup3:
First, the engineers at GM have nothing to do with determining the prices of components. Second, and this may or may not be true because I cannot remember where I saw it to verify it but, I seem to remember that the rule of thumb for replacement parts was manufacturing cost times 5. That took into account all of the costs associated with maintaining the inventory

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you have to rain on my parade like that?? I was trying to give kudos to Rico, I can give a **** about the engineers and whatever else I said. The point is they cost way too much.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Why do you have to rain on my parade like that?? I was trying to give kudos to Rico, I can give a **** about the engineers and whatever else I said. The point is they cost way too much.
If you don't want someone to make a comment, don't write something that someone can make a comment about. If you want to thank someone specifically, send them a personal message. No one else will see it so they won't be able to comment about it. This is a Forum. Many people see what you write and you are going to get comments and responses to almost anything you post.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'm really glad everything is turning out good for you Bro! You'll be enjoying that mean machine soon. Stay safe... "Rico"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts