Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems that the obvious answer is certainly yes. I notice most of after market systems---even the high dollar---Borla,Magnaflow, Flowmaster don't have the shields. Seems there would be a lot of failed rear springs. I did find a Y pipe with crossover tube and the shields in Corvette Central catalog.

· Registered
1,403 Posts
I never put faith into high dollar parts suppliers, nor do I put faith into the OEM manufacture (GM). But I do put my faith in the laws of physic (mostly, what with the whole quantum thing and all). So I do know that heat does not strengthen fiberglass (past it's curing process of course). So that creates a variable that can be effected by many things. A failed censor causing the injectors to run rich causing extra fuel burn in the exhaust, leading to even more heat on the fiberglass spring. Either way, less heat on that spring is a good thing and surly worth a a little extra shielding....

IMO of course...:toilet:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.