Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 73 Covette that needed a slight ride height adjustment after replacing the motor and adding aluminum heads and a change in tire size 18/45/245 front and 255 in the rear.

My mechanic suggested to cut a coil and a half off each spring to bring the ride height down. Prior to making the mod I never had a problem with the car fighting me with erratic steering. If the road is flat and straight I have no issues. If the road has a few bumps and dips to the left or right I'm fighting with it. Besides this problem the ride height is perfect but the drivers side is a half inch shorter than the passenger side.

My thought is the springs were re installed in correctly. All other front suspension components were checked. If a coil spring is cut should the installation procedure change as a result of the cut coil? How would I validate that the springs were re installed correctly ?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,932 Posts
The springs do sit in the pocket a certain way. Also one spring may have been worn out more than the other. When I lowered my ride height I bought new springs than cut them. Did you have a front end alignment done?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts