Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ceramic brake pads on from GM and have tried just about everything to keep these quiet. It seems to work for a few days then the sound sneaks back up on you. The worst is definitely when I'm doing 30MPH or less as I'm coming to a stop.

There are a few threads here about others who experienced squeaking brakes, remedy was to change pads, or put anti brake squeal lube on the pads. I have tried all, the one that I have question about and is my last ditch effort before I run out and pick up a new set of pads.

Has anyone actually sanded your pads down manually? I was just reading about someone who did that and it supposed to have worked? Any feedback? Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I manually sanded mine and it worked for a little while. I have ONE wheel, right passenger rear that no matter what I do I can't stop the squeal. I turn the music louder and ignore it now.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Are the pads new? old?
You prob know this already, but at a certain point pads are supposed to make noise if they're worn down enough...there's a tab built onto the pad that will resonate against the rotor.

Otherwise, put the car through a series of near stops from about 60-70 mph.
Not hard enough to engage ABS, but almost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts