Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery continues to drain in 69 vet. Replaced alternator,(old alternator was good) and went thru testing with circuit tester. Can anyone tell me, does the circuit tester light up when positive battery cable is removed( neg still on) and hooked up to tester because the continuous power is directed at clock and radio? I have a new radio that has memory. Would that be a cause for draining my battery within a week? If I remove the Clk/lighter/court fuse no green light. If no green light appears on tester then there's no electrical short. Is that correct? Other causes for draining battery. Went thru 5 batteries already.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I believe the procedure for finding a short is to connect a test light inline between the negative battery cable and the negative post on the battery and remove your fuses one by one until the light goes out on a fuse removal. If I'm wrong on this, someone will soon correct me. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I believe the procedure for finding a short is to connect a test light inline between the negative battery cable and the negative post on the battery and remove your fuses one by one until the light goes out on a fuse removal. If I'm wrong on this, someone will soon correct me. Good luck.
Yes that is correct. You can't go wrong with that procedure.:thumbsup3:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.