Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1971 that i just restored. I ran all new harnesses through out the car. My problem is when I have the parking lamps on and step on the brake pedal the drivers side brake light operates properly but the passenger lamp goes off. I'm thinking a ground but don't know where to begin.

Any thoughts are appreciated!!!

Rush

·
Registered
584 Posts
sounds like a ground problem ( it goes to the nearest light) so first look for the ground linking the two together and check for a problem there, if not the ground has to be on the driver side should connect to the frame make sure its clean (paint, rust,..)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think David hit that one right on the spot. The taillight ground will be the problem. Park lights on, uses most of the available ground path, when you step on the brake the current goes up (extra lights). And it takes the ground away from the passenger side.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree with Dave and Tim, 99% of Corvette electrical issues are ground related. And Dude I have a '71 too. Welcome to Smokin' Vette!

T.Huck

·
Registered
132 Posts
just for the hell of it try changing the bulbs, i was a mechanic for 20 years and had alot of weird light problems that were bad filiments in the bulb back feeding, it causes alot of weird electrical light problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts