Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I was trying to identify my Carbs but can't find anything about them anywhere... I got two on a dual manifold with the symbols 8962 see pics... does anyone know anything about those?

Thanks,
Zarks

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Normally Edelbrock puts the carb part number on the base of the carb on the right front (passenger side) area where the mounting hole is located just above the base gasket facing forward. With two carbs I would imagine you have 500 cfm carbs Part #1404. Just a thought anyway, good luck.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
Hi guys,

I was trying to identify my Carbs but can't find anything about them anywhere... I got two on a dual manifold with the symbols 8962 see pics... does anyone know anything about those?

Thanks,
Zarks

Those are certainly 500 cfm carbs as anything bigger would be a gross overkill. To be perfectly honest with you just one of them would be enough to feed a stock 350" engine. But as they're "AVS" carbs (air valve secondaries) the secondaries will only open just enough to supply your engine with what it needs at wide open throttle/max rpm. I had considered going to dual quads on my '71 with a 454" but I decided to go with a single 750 cfm Holley instead. And even then 750 cfm is almost too much for my driving style (which seldom exceeds 4000 rpm).

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
yeah , to run those you need some serious RPM to make it work
basically , drag race only

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
they sure look good tho..I m with the gang here, they are most likely 500cfm..and that a load for a street motor... call Edelbrock, or Summit ..they will know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts