Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else buy a dual exhaust set up from mid america? I got the one for my 76,from manifold back it ok but the mid pipes don't have any place for a hangers and the mufflers won't fit on d/s by the tire carrier or the offset will put the tail pipe to far to the left. part # for pipes are603-790

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
Anyone else buy a dual exhaust set up from mid america? I got the one for my 76,from manifold back it ok but the mid pipes don't have any place for a hangers and the mufflers won't fit on d/s by the tire carrier or the offset will put the tail pipe to far to the left. part # for pipes are603-790

Every part I have ever gotten from Mid America was either pure junk or a very poor reproduction made in Taiwan or China. For quality parts buy ONLY from the major suppliers like Corvette Central, Eckler's, Rik's, and so on. But stay far away from Mid America as nothing they sell is any good. Just a bunch of garbage. The last thing I bought from Mid America was a pair of mufflers for my '82 and ended up spending a whole entire day altering them to make them fit. Rather than coming with the VERY short inlet pipes already welded on they came with clamp-on pipes that made the mufflers about 6" too long to fit into the rear hangers. So I ended up cutting my old inlet pipes off and welding them to my new mufflers and that did the trick.

For a Corvette Central catalog call 800-345-4122 and for a Rik's catalog call 888-745-7838

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spent a good part of the day grinding and polishing the adapt pipes between muffs and body pipes. the pass side fits ok but the d/s is about 8" to the right and has only the tail pipe hanger to hold system untill the trans mount bracket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts