Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i drive with the targa top off is it normal for it to be so windy i am worried about the back window with all that wind.. any tips ?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
nothing to worry about

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've driven a "little" over 70 MPH for an hour with no problems. I actually prefer windows down vs. up at highway speeds.

However, there are a couple of slower speeds where I get a really annoying resonance and I just make sure I am above those.

I'm curious if those inserts to lift the hatch a little to let air flow actually work?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Well , I've been quite a bit faster than 70 w/o any issues

·
Super Moderator
5,853 Posts
I have owned a convert and now the targa and it is definitely windier with the targa off. i wouldn't worry about the back window. The rear hatch ventmaster works but makes the car look like you forgot to close your hatch. I like the idea of the wind deflector that corvettedon has mentioned

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I use these
They are called Ventmasters,they extend your hatch strikers by about 3 " and let the air flow through,I have had mine for years and they work well,Corvette central has them.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Does the windjammer actually work? I mean, who has used one and what's the opinion?
Heres an old testimonial from 2002 from a C3 owner .

03-09-2002, 04:59 AM - Post #10
Member Member Since: Feb 2002
Re: Anybody use Windjammer?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had one and been using it almost continuously for 10 years on my 71' Roadster. I LOVE IT !!! :cool:
It cuts down about 60-70 percent of wind noise and a LOT of glare, because it is slightly tinted. I think it looks good with the line of the windshield as well. I'd never consider a long trip in a roadster without one.
Wind noise and baffling are largely a function of your height in my car and convertibles I've driven. It seems once you get over 5'11'' you tend to get the annoyances.
This is funny, but I originally bought it when I was driving to work every day with the car and the top down. My problem is with my type of hair, no matter how good I looked leaving my house, I showed up at work looking like... DON KING !!!!

The windjammer made a big difference in that regard too.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-tech-performance/253168-anybody-use-windjammer.html

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well , I've been quite a bit faster than 70 w/o any issues
:iagree: It's actually the stock hood you need to worry about, it blows up like a bubble around 160 :rockon6rk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts