Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened a few times in the last week. So I'm guessing something is definitely wrong here. When I shut down the car and hit the door button to let me out, it won't open.

I had to start the motor and shut down before the door will finally open? My car is a 2005 C6, so my warranty is long gone. I would greatly appreciate any sort of assistance here.

Thanks again

Sonny

·
Registered
241 Posts
maybe simple

When the FOB battery gets weak, you will have this issue. Change the battery and it may fix the problem. One thing cheap to fix on a C6 is the FOB battery. Maybe the only thing. The battery size is CR2032 which is found on the back of the FOB. This size is available lots of places. I got several at Target as we have other stuff using this size. You'll need the special FOB Case Separation Tool however. A dime works great, though you could get fancy and use a screwdriver. Note which side + is so it goes back together correctly.

P.S. My guess is you starting the motor and then shutting it down was not the solution. Coincidentally, it seemed to work, but the real issue is the battery.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've not had this problem yet, but if your in the car already, what difference if the FOB has weak battery?

I can see this being issue from exterior getting in, or starting the car. But getting out?

·
Registered
126 Posts
A weak FOB battery will affect getting in and out just had this problem changed the battery and problem solved. Then there is the slot in the glove box that you place the FOB in and it will allow you to start the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts