Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
No, not all.

The Z51 equipped manual transmission Corvettes have one (attached to the back of the radiator at the bottom). The Z06 and ZR1 have them. The base suspension and F55 equipped Corvette does not have an added oil cooler.

·
Registered
754 Posts
No, not all.

The Z51 equipped manual transmission Corvettes have one (attached to the back of the radiator at the bottom). The Z06 and ZR1 have them. The base suspension and F55 equipped Corvette does not have an added oil cooler.
How much more oil does a cooler system hold? Are all the coolers the same capacity?

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
How much more oil does a cooler system hold? Are all the coolers the same capacity?
.5 quarts which is what accounts for the difference in oil capacity from the non-Z51 to the Z51.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The Z06 cooler can be added too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No, not all.

much t0 install a oil cooler on automatic 2007 z51.I notice my oil runs hot on warm days with hard driving

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
much t0 install a oil cooler on automatic 2007 z51.I notice my oil runs hot on warm days with hard driving
How hot? I have an oil cooler and on hot days with hard driving and the turbos spooling my oil gets up to 215 with the cooler.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
About 220-225 .That's in southern bc canada in okanogan valley where summer temps are above 100 a lot
I wouldn't worry about 225* temps in 100* heat. How are your coolant temps?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, not all.

:thumbsup3: thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts