Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to drive with the traction control off. Is there a way to permanently keep it off rather than having to hit the button every time I get in the car?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I think that it is controlled by the BCM and not the ECU, so therefore under those circumstances, it would not be possible, but I may be mistaken.
A good tuner would be able to help with this.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
There is no way change the default settings. If you want it off, you must turn it off everytime you start the car.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
On the Camaro, you could reverse the switch so that off was the default setting and turned it on to engage it. It wasn't a difficult mod since there were only 2 choices, TC on or TC off. With the vette, it is more than on/off since you have to be able to cycle through to AH. If you're good with switches and relays, maybe you can figure a way to rewire it.

The other thing we would do at the track is physically disconnect it which took 20 seconds to do. Downside is that if you want it to work at times, you can't do it on the fly, and IIRC it generated an idiot light.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
LAPD (Los Angeles performance Division) made a little box that did just that. I think it was C5 only though...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I thought I heard you could tune that out? I personally wouldn't but I thought tuners were able to do that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts