Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Kuwait, this is my first post :D

fellow corvette enthusiasts
what is the Difference between the regular C6 and the GrandSport?

any differences in the engine?
both cars automatic

best regards

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't own one yet but pretty sure that the engines are the same. You get the wide body right from the get go. This does bring up another question. How wide are the Grand Sport wheels? Are they Z06 fitment?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what i would like to know too
i wish some1 would enlighten us

are the cosmetic changes worth the extra $$?

or just get the regular C6 and spend the difference in $$ on modding the car

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
The Grand Sport Coupe and Convertible are equipped as follows.

They have a Z06 sized wide body with the same rear Z06 quarters and specific Grand Sport front fenders. The front fenders on a Grand Sport are made from RRIM (same as a standard coupe and convertible) as opposed to the Carbon fiber front fenders found on the Z06.

They have Z06 sized and offset wheels and tires with wheels that are specific to the Grand Sport.

They are equipped with LS3 motors that offer 430 hp and 436 hp when equipped with the NPP bi-mode exahust.

The manual transmission coupes (only) have a hand built LS3 with the same dry sump oil system found on the Z06 and ZR1. The automatic transmission and all convertibles have standard LS3's with a wet sump system.

They have an available heritage package which adds front fender stripes and Grand Sport specific seat back embroidery.

They have a specific suspension configuration that replaces and is similar to the Z51 optional suspension from the coupes and convertibles. There is no Z51 suspension package available for 2010.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks for the info

so the extras in the grandsport are worth the extra $$$?

is the grandsport heavier than the regular the C6?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Grand Sport would be lighter wouldn't it? But then again it does have larger wheels. Depends anyone know if the Grand Sport has the Z06 frame?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i believe it has wider fenders made from fiberglass opposed to the zo6 made from carbon fiber!!

how much for a fully optioned grandsport coupe?

i mentioned in another thread that in Kuwait (middle-east) is around 73000$

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
thanks for the info

so the extras in the grandsport are worth the extra $$$?

is the grandsport heavier than the regular the C6?
In my opinion the extras are worth it.

The Grand Sport is heavier than the Z06 and heavier than the C6. The fenders are fiberglass as compared to carbon fiber which adds weight as well as using a steel frame as compared to the aluminum frame on the Z06. The wider wheels and tires add a few pounds over that of the C6.

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
Grand Sport would be lighter wouldn't it? But then again it does have larger wheels. Depends anyone know if the Grand Sport has the Z06 frame?
It is heavier. It does not get the Z06 aluminum frame, it uses the same steel frame as the coupe and convertible which is why it is able to have a removable roof (or convertible top).

·
Agent
2,233 Posts
can u swap the fiberglass fenders to the 1's from the zo6 or not?
Yes. They will be a direct bolt not with zero modification required other than the close up the holes under where the Z06 badge would normally be. You could also installed the Euro side marker lights in that location and not have to worry about the holes.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The Grand Sport Coupe and Convertible are equipped as follows.

They have Z06 sized and offset wheels and tires with wheels that are specific to the Grand Sport.
IIRC, You get the Z06 brakes too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much for a fully optioned grandsport?

in Kuwait its close to 73000$ for the coupe :'(

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
how much for a fully optioned grandsport?

in Kuwait its close to 73000$ for the coupe :'(
You can get one in the states completly loaded 10 to 12 grand less than you can there, there is some good deals out there just have to look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's the plan ;)

all i know is that it will be a cybergray metallic grandsport coupe

just waiting for the $$$

·
Agent
2,233 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't own one yet but pretty sure that the engines are the same. You get the wide body right from the get go. This does bring up another question. How wide are the Grand Sport wheels? Are they Z06 fitment?
GS has ZO6 suspension, brakes, wheels & wide body. LS3 is a hand built 436hp motor with a Dry Sump oiling system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts