Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Both are really good blowers. Procharger has a great name and Vortech is used exclusively by A&A Corvette and their kits. Both will yield some nice power for you. You could flip a coin and can't go wrong.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was just reading that A&A (Vortech) just sold their 1000 supercharger. :cheers:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ill be able to give a better review in a couple of days on the A&A Vortec kit. I get my car back on thurs afternoon.

I went with A&A because they really seemed to know their stuff and were very professional on the phone. They had no prob spending time with me and answered all my questions directly.

Thanks A&A!:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Both are really good blowers. Procharger has a great name and Vortech is used exclusively by A&A Corvette and their kits. Both will yield some nice power for you. You could flip a coin and can't go wrong.
Vortech has their own kits actually, backed by their own warranty. A&A just uses their head units on their brand kit, which is a lot more well thought out, since they have to deal with the customers once something goes wrong with a kit they designed and installed..

Prochargers have a higher internal gear ratio. That is the biggest practical difference, IMHO. Their kits though (at least the earlier ones), always seem to have a bunch of issues with heat soak and belt slip that others don't have; a fantastic head unit, but possibly not quite the best intercooler and bracket design (to be polite ;) )

·
Registered
257 Posts
Vortech has their own kits actually, backed by their own warranty. A&A just uses their head units on their brand kit, which is a lot more well thought out, since they have to deal with the customers once something goes wrong with a kit they designed and installed..

Prochargers have a higher internal gear ratio. That is the biggest practical difference, IMHO. Their kits though (at least the earlier ones), always seem to have a bunch of issues with heat soak and belt slip that others don't have; a fantastic head unit, but possibly not quite the best intercooler and bracket design (to be polite ;) )
Don't you have a Procharger?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
PROCHARGER is a self contained unit which does not tap into the car's oil pan.The VORTECH ,at least when I put one on my 95,needed to be connected to the oil pan for it's oil,i.e. additional oil line.Also,the PROCHRAGER was intercooled as well where the V-TECH was not...at that time.Haven't looked into them in a few years though because I haven't had the loot to get one!!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
PROCHARGER is a self contained unit which does not tap into the car's oil pan.The VORTECH ,at least when I put one on my 95,needed to be connected to the oil pan for it's oil,i.e. additional oil line.Also,the PROCHRAGER was intercooled as well where the V-TECH was not...at that time.Haven't looked into them in a few years though because I haven't had the loot to get one!!
Vortech has both self contained and engine fed units. All Vortech kits are intercooled.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have an A&A kit which uses a Vortech V2 Si-Trim SQ (Super Quiet).
My car:

That will be looking a little different soon, so when is the big day we get to see the new motor and some dyno video? :beerbang:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That will be looking a little different soon, so when is the big day we get to see the new motor and some dyno video? :beerbang:
A while :( Found out the engine block was cracked, so I had to order a new one. I just got off the phone with Lingenfelter ordering a new C6 ZR1 camshaft for the build. I hope to be posting a thread on the install by early Feb.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A while :( Found out the engine block was cracked, so I had to order a new one. I just got off the phone with Lingenfelter ordering a new C6 ZR1 camshaft for the build. I hope to be posting a thread on the install by early Feb.
What are the specs of that cam?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts