Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adam's product is the best product I have used in my 4 years of detailing cars. I use it all the time on my Corvette and every other car I detail. PM if you need information about Adam's product...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I used their Buttery Wax for the first time this year. I washed first and then applied with my Porter Cable using the Adams black foam pad let dry to a haze and then buffed out using a clean microfiber towel. On the next wash which was two days and about 200 miles later the water barely beaded. I use a leaf blower to dry and the water still seemed to want to cling to the surface instead of skate off like I am used to with other products. I can't speak for the other products that Adams carries as I have not used them but in my opinion the Buttery Wax is not worth the twenty bucks a bottle. Just my two cents...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I used their Buttery Wax for the first time this year. I washed first and then applied with my Porter Cable using the Adams black foam pad let dry to a haze and then buffed out using a clean microfiber towel. On the next wash which was two days and about 200 miles later the water barely beaded. I use a leaf blower to dry and the water still seemed to want to cling to the surface instead of skate off like I am used to with other products. I can't speak for the other products that Adams carries as I have not used them but in my opinion the Buttery Wax is not worth the twenty bucks a bottle. Just my two cents...
That's definitely not normal with any wax, let alone our Buttery Wax.

Please explain your process a little more. When was the last time you clay barred your car? What type of towels did you use to remove the wax residue? At what speed did you use to apply the wax?

Let the know those answers and I can help you out!

·
Registered
248 Posts

Please explain your process a little more. When was the last time you clay barred your car? What type of towels did you use to remove the wax residue? At what speed did you use to apply the wax?

Let the know those answers and I can help you out![/QUOTE

During the wash before the Buttery Wax, the water sheeted out so there is not a cross product contamination issue here. I clay bar about three times a summer because my C5 is a daily driver. I have a mid rise (Max Jax) lift which makes it easy. I am using Griots Garage yellow clay. On the Porter Cable I am using a speed of about 3 to 4 because I don't want to spray or beat up the pad. After the haze I am using a clean uncontaminated yellow microfiber towel. When I launder my towels, I do a seperate load and don't use any fabric softeners. Don't get me wrong here, there was obviously a bead after the next wash just not the same as I have observed with other products. When I hit it with the leaf blower the water just wants to fly off the surface with other products I have used. Not so with the Buttery Wax. Kind of seemed like the water held it's surface tension a little more and it took a little extra effort with the blower to get it dry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Let the know those answers and I can help you out![/QUOTE

During the wash before the Buttery Wax, the water sheeted out so there is not a cross product contamination issue here. I clay bar about three times a summer because my C5 is a daily driver. I have a mid rise (Max Jax) lift which makes it easy. I am using Griots Garage yellow clay. On the Porter Cable I am using a speed of about 3 to 4 because I don't want to spray or beat up the pad. After the haze I am using a clean uncontaminated yellow microfiber towel. When I launder my towels, I do a seperate load and don't use any fabric softeners. Don't get me wrong here, there was obviously a bead after the next wash just not the same as I have observed with other products. When I hit it with the leaf blower the water just wants to fly off the surface with other products I have used. Not so with the Buttery Wax. Kind of seemed like the water held it's surface tension a little more and it took a little extra effort with the blower to get it dry.

With my expierence of using Adam's and detailing, which I have been doing for about 4 years now and it has became a career of mine, the buttery wax is more of a quick easy off and on easy detail. I strictly only use Adam's on the cars I detail, and after a good detail of claying, polishing, and there paste wax... you can NOT beat the drying process the next time you wash your car. I wash my cars periodically as I have a year old paint job on my StingRay... and I like to keep it clean and taken care of. Adam's is a great product and I will never consider another product to detail all of the vehicles I detail at home and also when I'm working ever again! :thumbsup3:

·
Registered
324 Posts

Let the know those answers and I can help you out!
Sounds like your process is solid...with the exception of the speed of the PC. You were running it that fast when applying the Buttery Wax? That's in polishing territory, not wax spreading territory.

Buttery is really meant to be applied by hand, but if you use a PC, turn the speed all the way down to 1-2.

This is the first I've heard of this type of problem, so I'd love to help you get to the bottom of this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts