Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather is finally decent and most of the road salt and crap is washed away so I decided to take the vette to work today. Go outside and the door won't open. Go back and get my other Fob and neither door will open. :crybaby:

I didn't feel like climbing in the car through the hatch, so I just took my winter beater. :abduct:

The little red light on the door would blink when I was trying to open the door, so it has at least a little bit of power. On the weekend I'll test the battery and fobs to see which is the problem. Car is 5 years old, so either one can be a suspect.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You don't need to crawl in through the hatch; there is a manual door release leve in the rear cargo area under the hatch. This is from my 2008 Owner's Manual:

"From outside the vehicle, use the key in the cylinder above the license plate to open the hatch then use the door release tab located on the carpet inside the trunk on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Pull the tab to unlock and unlatch the driver’s door."

I know it works because I had to use that procedure to get in the car when the fob battery died while I was at work......
Enjoy,
akriggm

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You don't need to crawl in through the hatch; there is a manual door release leve in the rear cargo area under the hatch. This is from my 2008 Owner's Manual:

"From outside the vehicle, use the key in the cylinder above the license plate to open the hatch then use the door release tab located on the carpet inside the trunk on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Pull the tab to unlock and unlatch the driver’s door."

I know it works because I had to use that procedure to get in the car when the fob battery died while I was at work......
Enjoy,
akriggm
^^^This... have had to do it a few times as well.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that Tab was the emergency ejector seat release! Thanks for reminding me of that. :thumbsup3: Owner's manual is safely locked in the car, although somewhere I have a PDF version.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Storm went north of here, fortunately.

Looks like it is Fob batteries. As soon as I used the key, the alarm went off in full force and the release only partially release the door; i could feel the locks reengage went I went to open the door.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fob batteries. Surprising that fob 2 went dead before fob 1 as I almost never used fob 2.

·
Smokin Vendor
821 Posts
I keep spare cr2032 batteries under the arm rest and in the house. :thumbsup3:

....and as for the snow storm, we got clobbered but its 45 and was raining so should be gone in days.
Sucks that Suffolk county LI apparently throws darts to pick and choose what streets get plowed and when....

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts