Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CURIOUS:Have a question has anyone here ever or are you using a static cling vinyl deck protector on your convertible? Just wondering if they are worth it? They come either clear or in black....
Appreciate for your comments!!!!

:thumbsup3:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I tried it, but found it too much of a pain. It won't stick with the top down at anything more than a crawl and having to remove it when putting the top down and replacing it when you put the top up is too much trouble. Especially in England where due to rain, you may have your top up and down several times in a day.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That'd be like having plastic covers on your couch. I say wax it and enjoy. Paint it later if you need to....

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The static ones are GARBAGE! But using the stick-em clear ones does make a great extension on the paint's life in that area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tried one once. It was kind of a pain. What ticked me off is the first time I got it up to 75 MPH it blew right off on the freeway. Never put on another one again. Just keep it well waxed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a set of black static protectors for my '92 convertible and applied them on a warm day after a thorough cleaning and waxing of the deck lid in that area. They have been on since last May and stayed on for several 80+ mph rides. I would recommend them. Maybe warm them with a hairdryer before you apply???

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a roll of 3M clear plastic ,it has an adhesive same as clear bra material .All you have to do is cut and shape and it works well for all wear areas .Available via most auto supply stores that sell body paint.I think I bought a roll 4 inches X 10 feet .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts