Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the dash lights burned out, so I decided to replace it. I have a bunch of single Blue LED bulbs left-over from when I upgraded my Jeep, so I decided to try it. The sockets are different as they don't use 194 for these bulbs. So I hit Orielly Automotive and picked up some sockets (4). The single LED's looked okay in the Jeep, but too dim for my baby. So I have some 360 deg brighter ones on order. The lens is Yellow, so my Blue lights come out Green, but I really like the different look. I'll post some pictures when they arrive.:coffeetime: Anyone else changed their's?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Halogen bulbs create to much heat and over time ruin the digital cluster and sockets if the wattage is to high. Never go over 5 watts. Also, GM went to Xenon bulbs in 1989 for the heat problems. They are a much cooler bulb and last much longer. Suggest going to Xenon bulbs in 1984-90 cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

The Volts is still the old style bulb, the rest are the LED. Much brighter and crisp. Much happier and helped out an American company at the same time. Win-Win. I went with white, the colored ones were about half as bright and was afraid of the outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts