Chevy Corvette Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, help! My car stood still for two years in the garage. Now the 3rd and 7th cylinders do not work. I changed spark plugs. I changed injectors and cleaned distributor. The sparks are there. The fuel gets to the cylinders and there is a compression in them. Fuel burners are ok. What can I do?

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds like you have all the ingredients to run. I would start by taking the valve cover off, rotate the engine over a few times and watch the valves to see if they are moving up and down both intake and exhaust. check the pushrods and rocker arms too. Making sure the pushrods are not bent and the rocker arms are secure. Good luck!

· Registered
10,519 Posts
Please, help! My car stood still for two years in the garage. Now the 3rd and 7th cylinders do not work. I changed spark plugs. I changed injectors and cleaned distributor. The sparks are there. The fuel gets to the cylinders and there is a compression in them. Fuel burners are ok. What can I do?

What makes you think those two cylinders aren't working? If so try sandblasting or replacing those two spark plugs then try it again. After extended sitting without running carbon deposits can begin breaking loose and can easily bridge the spark plug's gaps; rendering them useless until cleaned or replaced.......................

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, everybody! I checked valves, pushrods, spark plugs, plug wires, dist.cap and rocker arms. They are fine. Could it be Camshaft Position Sensor or Crankshaft Position Sensor problem? Where are they located? Or could it be ignition module problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.