Chevy Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I need help figuring out if the Cray "Manta" Wheel will fit on my base Corvette w/z51 suspension. The people who distribute them say the calipers are to wide but yet they advertise they will fit all Corvettes.
What is the differance between the stock suspension and the z51 system? HELP:duel:

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Z51 has beefier sway bars, higher spring rates, shock piston size, p/s cooler, and different manufacturing materials. All dimensions(as far as width), I believe, are the same.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no difference in caliper thickness or other other parts that would cause their stance to stick out further. The Cray wheels should fit fine as long as you use the same offsets. If you go with wider wheels the offsets would need to be adjusted. (ZO6 sizes for example have a different offset.)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Markos is correct. Z51 and F55 suspension cars use the same wheels as the base C6. The suspension changes do not change that. GS and Z06 use wider wheels that do not fit the regular C6.

With proper offsets you can run 18x10 and 19x11 on a regular C6, but only a few manufacturers offer them. I have LG wheels in that size.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts